Dr. Joseph F. Coughlin, PhD is Director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology AgeLab and author of “The Longevity Economy: Inside the World's Fastest Growing, Most Misunderstood Market.” He is a Senior Contributor to Forbes and writes regularly for MarketWatch and the Wall Street Journal. He believes the future is female and is a powerful advocate for members of the new longevity economy, a disruptive economy that’s misunderstood by brands and advertisers.
His advice? Pay attention and cater to the first demographic in history to have health and vitality, wisdom and life experience, and a pocketbook to match ... All at the same time! Ignore them at your economic peril!
Women at Midlife are the Perfect Storm and the Doctor is in:
- Why it’s important to rewire versus retire.
- Why the perception of older people as “needy and greedy” is far from the reality
- Why our perceptions about aging are hurting us economically
- Why corporations should begin focusing on and investing in older adults
- How females are the key to our future success
- Why the 50 plus female is the most trusted advisor to Millennials
- Why community and connection are so important to women at Midlife & Beyond
- How our greatest danger is social isolation
- Why he is optimistic about the future of aging
- Why it’s important to write a new story about aging
- How to live longer, better and more empowered
- How managing your health and well being is the key to living your best life
- Why investing in your physical health is the key to longevity
- Why we must talk openly about Ageism
- The 3 things you need for the highest quality of life
Links for Dr. Coughlin: