It’s not everyday you get to interview Oprah’s right hand gal! Sheri Salata was the Executive Producer of the Oprah Winfrey Show and President of both Harpo Studios and The OWN Network. In her amazing reinvention, she is now the author of The Beautiful No: And Other Tales of Trial, Transcendence and Transformation. Named an Amazon best-selling new release and an Apple Must Listen audio book, the memoir has touched thousands of readers and inspired them to reimagine their lives and become worthy stewards of their own wellbeing. “Been there, ran that” is the hallmark of Sheri’s inspirational leadership story.
Sheri’s ventures as an author, speaker, producer and founder are the evolution of her life-altering 20-year career with Oprah Winfrey. Named one of Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative People in Business, The Hollywood Reporter’s Women in Entertainment Power 100 and Feminist Press Power Award Winners, Sheri is also the cohost of The Sheri + Nancy Show, a top podcast about living the life of your dreams, and the cofounder of the aspirational lifestyle brand, The Pillar Life.
Join today's show and learn:
- Why not receiving what you want may be the best thing for you.
- The importance of radical self care.
- How Sheri has redefined success to include meaning.
- Why Midlife is the perfect pivot from Seeker to Finder.
- Why living an "integrated life" is a life of wholeness.
- How to not waste one more minute of your precious life.
- The story behind her decision to leave OWN and the Oprah Winfrey
- How to make your bucket list your "life list."
- Why shame and "light" can't coexist.
- How to stir the fire of hope.
You can find more information on Sheri and her work including her podcast on her website Sheri Salata.
Kristen Coffield is the founder and owner of The Culinary Cure™, a consulting business and information website. She is dedicated to helping busy, overwhelmed professionals improve their health and increase their energy through in-person training sessions, workshops, seminars and coaching. She is an inspirational speaker, a coach and a "kitchen interventionist" helping people understand the power of food to help them lead healthier lives. Tune into today's episode and learn:
1. The power food has to transform your life and give you more control.
2. How a dark night of the soul led to the ultimate Phoenix rising.
3. Why you must put your health first and use food as your partner to live your best life.
4. How changing her relationship with food changed her life and her relationship with everything.
5. The moment Kristen changed feeling powerless to powerful.
6. Why dehydration can lead to overeating.
7. How eating unconsciously is the enemy of good health.
8. Why your kitchen is a microcosm of your life and why you may need a kitchen intervention.
9. How to re-purpose your husband!
10. Why detoxifying the mind is as important as the body. You can find more info about Kristen on her website The Culinary Cure.
What would it be like to travel the world with Julia Roberts during her Eat Pray Love film tour? Find out on today's show as Kirshen Katz joins Catherine on the set of Mastering Modern Midlife. Kirschen is a celebrity yoga instructor and the founder of Kirschen Katz Yoga and currently resides in Los Angeles, California. She has been practicing yoga for over 25 years and caters to a high-profile clientele, including top corporate executives, leading entertainment professionals and major motion picture and television actors. Kirschen Yoga harnesses the healing power of yoga, lifestyle, and fitness combined to cultivate a rich existence on this journey of "LIFE" Join Catherine and Kirshen to hear her personal journey from trauma to healing. On today's show, you will learn:
1. The defining moment when Kirshen's abusive father lost his power over her.
2. How running became her escape and ultimately, saved her life.
3. Her lessons on forgiveness and how forgiveness led to healing trauma.
4. How she healed from bulimia and realized anxiety was the root.
5. Her personal process to deal with dark thoughts.
6. Her perspective on abundance that's not what you think.
7. What it was like to travel with Julia Roberts on her Eat Pray Love Film Tour.
You can learn more and contact Kirschen on her website!
Danielle LaPorte is a bestselling Canadian author, inspirational speaker, entrepreneur, and blogger. She is a member of Oprah's Super Soul 100 and is a leader in the Self Help arena as the author of three non-fiction books with an emphasis on conscious goal-setting and entrepreneurship. Her latest book, "White Hot Truth," is overflowing with her popular "Truth Bombs." Danielle believes in the importance of Self Agency and leading a heart centered life now more than ever. She is a lifelong Truth Seeker and a woman who has had to fight for her Joy.
On this show, you will learn:
1. What Self Agency is and why it's vital to be the leader of our own lives.
2. The connection between Midlife and the Phoenix rising.
3. How her divorce led to a lesson in forgiveness.
4. Why we must not avoid the shadows and dark night of the soul.
5. What is a Truth Bomb.
6. How being a workaholic stopped Danielle from healing and feeling.
7. Why her latest Dark Night of the Soul was her worst and led to her most profound healing.
8. How Joy and Alignment are related.
9. How she learned to transform pain into power.
10. Why being "vigilant with our thoughts" is so important.
I strongly encourage you to visit her website and learn more about this incredible woman, and if you ever have the opportunity to attend one of her talks, do so!
Laura Bruno is a Medical Intuitive, Reiki Master Teacher, Life Coach, professional Intuitive, author, artist, and organic gardener. A fateful 1998 traumatic brain injury shifted her intended life course from a professor of English Literature to a very different type of “reader.” Four years of near-total disability initiated her into deep meditation, shamanic journeying, herbal remedies, visual therapy, energy medicine, food vibrations, the power of prayer, and a world of uncanny synchronicity. In October 2001, as part of her own recovery process, Laura began helping others that traditional medicine and mainstream culture left behind — encouraging clients to rewrite their stories into more magical and soulful tales of liberation, creativity, empowerment and joy.
Laura played a major role in my recovery from Late Stage Lyme Disease. My work with Laura led to a significant shift in my belief system, encouraging me to see myself on an entirely different level. She is a gifted astrologer and shares these gifts with my community through her monthly North Node Horoscopes to encourage women at Midlife and Beyond to follow their soul’s calling, their true North Star that is found within their North Nodes.
On this show you will learn:
- Why a Midlife “Crisis” is the great liberator for the Modern Midlife woman.
- How medical intuition differs from traditional intuition.
- Why tapping into creativity leads to healing.
- How to develop your own intuition by focusing on your strengths.
- Why Lyme Disease (or any other major illness) is oftentimes your greatest gift.
- How living the life of your highest potential NOW can help in healing illness.
- How a health crisis can lead to a major life change.
- What illness can teach us about ourselves.
- Why Lyme Disease is a “life path” illness.
- 3 Small Action Steps you can take to help change your life.
- How illness can help you change the idea of who you are in a positive way.
- How the North Nodes in Astrology hold the key to your soul’s calling.
Visit Laura’s wonderful blog for more information on working with her. She changed my life!
Brittany Wagner is a nationally respected athletic academic counselor, life coach and motivational speaker. She skyrocketed to world-wide fame in 2016 as the inspirational star of the hit Netflix documentary series, “Last Chance U”. Known for giving “troublemakers” their last chance at making it to the next level, Ms. Wagner was the vivacious, mentor and mother-figure to these young men – often times the driving factor behind their future successes. Wagner’s stardom has landed her interviews with ABC’s Nightline, The Dan Patrick Show, The Kidd Kraddick In the Morning Show, GQ, The New York Times and New York Daily News – to name a few. Her common question, “Do you have a pencil?” has become a phenomena across the world since the show’s debut.
On today’s show you will learn:
- How a painful heartbreak was a blessing that led to a powerful life lesson in humility.
- Why your “Why?” is much more important than your “What?” in life.
- What her students taught her about life and helped to shift her perspective.
- How self doubt played an important role in her life.
- Why positive self talk is so important.
- How our beliefs impact who we become.
- Why the moment you’re about to give up is usually right before the magic happens in life.
- How “imposter syndrome” has impacted Brittany personally and what she does to combat it.
- How confidence and self esteem impact us and are critical to success in life.
- Why we must own our story and stop hiding our truth.
- The simple secret to her success.
- Her perspective on the power of Midlife.
- What she and Courtney Cox have in common.
If you’d like to contact Brittany, book her as a speaker, or learn more about her mission and her company 10 Thousand Pencils, take a visit to her website. You can follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Dr. Joseph F. Coughlin, PhD is Director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology AgeLab and author of “The Longevity Economy: Inside the World's Fastest Growing, Most Misunderstood Market.” He is a Senior Contributor to Forbes and writes regularly for MarketWatch and the Wall Street Journal. He believes the future is female and is a powerful advocate for members of the new longevity economy, a disruptive economy that’s misunderstood by brands and advertisers.
His advice? Pay attention and cater to the first demographic in history to have health and vitality, wisdom and life experience, and a pocketbook to match ... All at the same time! Ignore them at your economic peril!
Women at Midlife are the Perfect Storm and the Doctor is in:
- Why it’s important to rewire versus retire.
- Why the perception of older people as “needy and greedy” is far from the reality
- Why our perceptions about aging are hurting us economically
- Why corporations should begin focusing on and investing in older adults
- How females are the key to our future success
- Why the 50 plus female is the most trusted advisor to Millennials
- Why community and connection are so important to women at Midlife & Beyond
- How our greatest danger is social isolation
- Why he is optimistic about the future of aging
- Why it’s important to write a new story about aging
- How to live longer, better and more empowered
- How managing your health and well being is the key to living your best life
- Why investing in your physical health is the key to longevity
- Why we must talk openly about Ageism
- The 3 things you need for the highest quality of life
Links for Dr. Coughlin:
Dr. Coughlin's Website
Purchase The Longevity Economy: Unlocking the World's Fastest-Growing, Most Misunderstood Market
Marjorie Goodson is a dancer and performance artist, and the author of “MG,” the photographic essays of her as an artist, dancer and Fierce woman in her 50’s in the midst of a powerful reinvention. The daughter of Mark Goodson, the iconic producer of The Price is Right and Family Feud, Marjorie has always loved using her body to express art and with this exquisite tome, she hopes to inspire other women by letting them know they, too, can find their passion, expression, and confidence at any age. “Art is an extraordinary expression of what you want it to be.”
Show topics and themes will help you learn:
- How to be your best advocate rather than your worst enemy
- How to find your passion and create your very own passion project
- How to live “all in” versus all over at Midlife.
- Why the most important muscle to work is your “heart muscle.”
- Why we mustn't wait for happiness to begin something new
- How to make friends with fear and self doubt.
- How to find the courage to jump into your life.
- Why the empty nest is the most empowering time in a woman’s life
- Why passion projects lead us to self discovery
- How fear, self doubt and struggle propel us forward
- Why you must get up and go for it no matter what
- Why inspiration is fuel to change your life
Links for Marjorie Goodson:
Joe McQuillen is a father, a husband, and now the author of “My Search for Christopher on The Other Side.” In January of 2016, Joe lost his oldest son Christopher in a tragic accident. His latest book chronicles his personal story of love, loss, and how he found a way to connect and communicate with Christopher on the other side.
This a profound story of openness, faith, and trust that will touch your heart.
Show themes and topics will help you learn:
- How Joe survived a parents worst nightmare
- How to find the strength to go on after losing a loved one
- How he learned to communicate with Christopher on the other side
- How Joe knew, without a doubt, that he was connecting with his son
- The lesson Christopher taught him about forgiveness
- The role of free will plays in life and death
- The difference between a spirit and a soul
- What an “exit point” is and how many we have in a lifetime
- How a spirit’s personality remains the same on the other side
- The powerful lesson Christopher taught Joe about fear and letting go
- What “spirit writing” is and how it differs from automatic writing
- The message Joe received that allowed him to let go of his anger toward God
- The difference between healing and grieving
- What Joe learned about love from his son
- How to live with a broken heart
- How you can learn to connect with a loved one on the other side
Links for Joe McQuillen:
Purchase My Search for Christopher on the Other Side
Dr. Nancy Irwin is the author of “YOU-TURN: CHANGING DIRECTION IN MIDLIFE,” to inspire others that it is never too late to reinvent oneself!
She is a licensed clinical psychologist and certified hypnotherapist with a private practice in West Los Angeles. She is an inspirational public speaker who inspires women at Midlife & Beyond to find their purpose and passion.
Dr Irwin gives powerful advice on learning:
- How doing service work can lead to a powerful reinvention.
- How to know when it’s your time to make a difference
- How to discover and change limiting beliefs
- Why so many women at Midlife experience awakenings
- How to shift your beliefs around aging
- Why focusing on what you don’t want brings you more of what you don’t want
- How hypnosis works to shift patterns and beliefs
- Why listening is an important skill to cultivate
- Why jealousy is always about us
- How to use insecurity and jealousy as positive fuel for change
Links for Dr Nancy Irwin:
Purchase You Turn: Changing Direction in Midlife